I have a big to-do list for today. Now I'm not much of a fan of to-do lists, maybe because I don't like the disappointment if I don't do all of it, and because I'm a bit forgetful and end up forgetting to look at my to-do lists. But seeing as today is Sunday, and I have plenty of things I'd like to get done before the start of another week, I've written out my list. Here's how it goes:
- Weed front garden
- Plant seeds
- Dig bed in front of Shed
- Plan weekly menu
- Write grocery list
- Do grocery shopping
- 20 minute floor clean downstairs
- 15 minute vacuum downstairs
- 10 minute kitchen wipe-down
- Water house plants
- Put on dark washing
One of my tasks is to water all the houseplants today, and I thought I'd share some handy tips I've learnt about feeding your plants as you water them:
- When you boil or steam veggies, use the left-over water to cool down and use it to water your plants - a lovely nutritious treat for them.
- You can use cooled down chamomile tea to water young plants if you would like to prevent mould.
- If you own a fish tank, don't throw away any of the smelly water when you clean the tank - the water is full of nutrients that your plants will love.
- Nettles growing in the corner of the garden? Half fill a bucket with nettles and add rainwater. Cover the bucket and leave to infuse for 2-3 weeks. Drain the water (which should have a strong odour), and dilute to 4 parts water for watering roots of plants or to enrich the soil - voila! A nettle manure.
Have a great Sunday!